- They would be trained for
three years before they served before the king. They would be taught the
language and literature of the Chaldeans.
- The wine and delicacies they
refused to eat.
- Daniel was given the ability
to interpret visions and dreams.
- If they could tell him his
dream then he would know that their interpretation was true and accurate.
- Daniel was the only one who
could reveal the king's dream to him.
- Daniel sought his friends to
him concerning the king's dream?
- God will reveal secrets and
give understanding to those who ask Him and wait on Him patiently.
- Four more kingdoms would
come after the kingdom of Babylon but not be as strong as Babylon. But, all
would be destroyed or subdued by the final kingdom which would rule
- The coming of Jesus and the
spreading of the gospel is the final kingdom which will rule over all
- The four empires to come
each supporting a life void of the true God. We know these kingdoms now as
Babylon (gold); Medes and Persians
- An image of gold of his god.
- a. All those who rule over
people and the people themselves were to worship the image. They were to
bow down to it when they heard the assortment of music. b. Shadrach,
Meshach, and Abed-nego refused to worship the
- Anyone who did not worship
the image would be thrown into a fiery furnace and burned alive.
- Nothing happened to them; not
a hair was singed nor did they even smell of fire or smoke. An angel of
God was inside with them and protected them from harm.
- a. He would lose his
sensibility and be driven from his kingdom and people to graze in a field
eating grass like an oxen for a period of seven years. b. To give him
understanding that all he had and that was done was because of God and not
by his own ability and power. God removed his pride.
- He had the gold and silver
vessels of the house of the Lord God brought to his banquet so he, his
wives, and his concubines could drink out of them.
- We are the vessels of the
temple to be used by God for His purposes. We should be willing to be used
by Him and not use our vessels for our own or unclean or irreverent purposes.
- Yes, he should have because Nebuchadnezzar
announced it to all the people after his sanity came back. It would have
been past down by the people. Daniel says he knew all this about King
- His days were numbered as
king, he was found lacking before God, and his kingdom would be given to
the Medes and Persians.
- He was slain the very night
he was given the message by Daniel.
- He was one of three governors
of the land.
- The king was considering
setting Daniel up over the whole realm. Envy and jealousy were in their
- For the next thirty days no
one was to petition any god or man except the king or he would be thrown
into a den of lions.
- No, he labored until the sun
went down to deliver Daniel.
- Daniel was safe. He had been
protected by an angel sent by God.
- He threw them, their wives,
and their children into the den of lions and they were quickly devoured.
- Four kingdoms that will arise
to power in the earth.
- It will more prominent than
the other kingdoms and will oppress the saints and even speak against God.
- God will reveal the darkness
of the kingdom at that time and cast the Anti-Christ into the Lake of Fire.
- a. God. b. Jesus.
- This kingdom will aggressively
attempt to subvert and subdue the people and works of the kingdom of God.
- In the time of God's wrath in
the last age of the world.
- Some will be deceived and
fall away from God.
- The power and Spirit of God
will destroy the evil kingdom.
- He prays for forgiveness of
his people and their sin.
- The coming of Jesus, the
tribulation for the saints, and the end of the ruler of this world.
- He was fasting.
- A great angel.
- Michael a chief prince came
to help him against the prince of Persia.
- It is broken up and
scattered in the four directions on earth.
- The kingdom of Greece
that had been scattered.
- God is not worshiped or followed
sincerely on a daily basis as He should be served.
- They will not be listened
to. Most will not accept the truth they spread.