- In all of Israel's conquests, what did they fail to do?
- What did they elect to do with some of the inhabitants of Canaan?
- How did God feel about Israel's covenant with some of the people of Canaan?
- To what did Israel soon fall?
- What did God raise up for Israel to help them in times of their oppression?
- Why were some nations yet to be taken by Israel?
- Who were the first two judges of Israel?
- Who was Deborah?
- Why did Barak want Deborah to go with him to battle?
- What did Barak lose because of his request to Deborah?
- Who killed Sisera?
- Who did the song of Deborah condemn and who did it praise?
- Who did God choose to lead Israel against the Midianites?
- What did Gideon say to God about he and his people?
- a. What did the angel of the Lord tell Gideon to destroy? b. When did Gideon decide to do this?
- By what sign did Gideon know that God would be with him?
- What was the second sign given to Gideon so he would know that God was with him ?
- a. How many men did Gideon have to fight the Midianites? b. Why did God want Gideon to reduce his number of men?
- a. To what number did God further reduce Gideon's men? b. How did God tell Gideon to do this?
- What strategy did Gideon use against the camp of Midian?
- Why was the tribe of Ephraim upset with Gideon?
- a. What did Gideon make with some of the plunder from the Midianites? b. What did the people end up doing with this?
- How many sons did Gideon have before his death?
- What did Abimelech do to his brothers?
- Who escaped from Abimelech's hand?
- What did Jotham predict against Abimelech?
- Who was the first person to turn on Abimelech?
- Who killed the people of Shechem and Beth Millo?
- How was Abimelech killed?
- What nation came against Israel at this time?
- Why did Jephthah's brothers drive him from their father's house?
- What did Jephthah soon become?
- Who did the elders of Israel call on when Ammon made war with Israel?
- Why were the people of Ammon upset with Israel?
- By what source was Jephthah able to justify his position?
- What did Jephthah vow to the Lord if he defeated the Ammonites?
- Who met Jephthah when he returned from his battle?
- a. What tribe of Israel came against Jephthah and his men? b. Why did they come against Jephthah? c. What attitude and heart
do we see in these people?
- What did an angel of the Lord tell Manoah's wife?
- What was the child of Manoah and his wife to become?
- What could the child not eat or drink?
- What did Manoah and his wife name their child?
- Who did Samson wish to marry?
- a. What did Samson kill with his bare hands? b. What was in the carcass later?
- When Samson's wife was taken from him, what did he do?
- a. What did Samson use to kill some Philistine men? b. How many men did he kill?
- What did the lords of the Philistines offer Delilah for information against Samson's strength?
- What was it that made Samson so strong?
- What did the Philistines do to Samson after he became weak?
- How many people did Samson kill at his death?
- Who was Micah's first priest?
- Who did Micah find to be his priest later?
- How did Micah pay his priest?
- What were the spies from Dan on their way to do when they stopped at Micah's house?
- Later, what did the men of Dan convince Micah's priest to do?
- What town did a Levite and his concubine stop in for the night?
- What happened to the man's concubine?
- What did the man do with his concubine after this?
- What did the tribes of Israel decide to do against Benjamin?
- How many times did Israel fight the Benjamites before they defeated them?
- How many Benjamite men were left?
- Where did the tribes first get wives for the Benjamites?
- How did the tribes get more wives for the rest of the Benjamites?