- a. Why did God tell Moses to take a census of males 20 years old and older? b. How many were numbered?c. Why were
the Levites not numbered?
- How did God tell Moses to arrange the tribes?
- What did God change according to the law of the firstborn?
- a. What was the difference between the numbered first born of the Levites and of the Israelites? b. What were the
Israelites required to do as a result of this difference?
- What were the duties of the sons of Kohath?
- Why did all the articles of the tabernacle have to be covered?
- What were the duties of the sons of Gershon?
- What were the duties of the sons of Merari?
- What was the age range for the sons?
- a. What did a man do if he felt his wife had been unfaithful? b. If a woman was guilty of unfaithfulness what would happen to her?
- What were the requirements to be a Nazirite?
- What did a Nazirite do?
- When the time came to anoint the tabernacle, how many leaders brought offerings to the priest?
- For what were the oxen and carts to be used?
- Why did the sons of Kohath not need a cart to use?
- What did the rest of the Levites become to God?
- What was the age range for service of the Levites?
- If someone could not keep the Passover because of uncleanness or not available, what were they to do?
- When did the Israelites know to pick up and move?
- How long had the Israelites stayed at Mount Sinai? (See Exodus 19:1)
- What was the use of the two silver trumpets?
- What did the Israelites complain about?
- a. Who did God tell Moses to use to help him with the workload? b. What did God do to these men?
- What did God provide the Israelites as food?
- What happened to the ones who had complained that they were better off in Egypt?
- Why did Aaron and Miriam speak against Moses?
- What happened to Miriam?
- How did God described Moses?
- a. How many men were sent to spy out the land of Canaan? b. What did they find?
- a. What report did most of the spies tell the people of Israel? b. Why did they say this?
- What two men sent as spies into the land of Canaan came back with a good report?
- What did God want to do to the people of Israel?
- How did Moses reason with God?
- What did God resolve to do to the children of Israel?
- How long would it be before the children of Israel entered into the promised land?
- Who would enter the land?
- What happened to the men who brought back the bad report?
- a. What did the children of Israel decide to do on their own? b. What happened to them?
- What happened to a man picking up sticks on a Sabbath?
- Why were tassels attached to the Israelites garments?
- a. Who rebelled against Moses and Aaron? b. What did God initially want to do to the rebels? c. What did Moses ask God to do?
d. What did God finally do to the rebels?
- a. Who did the children of Israel blame for the deaths of their brothers? b. What did God do about their complaining?
- a. How many people died in the plague? b. How was this stopped?
- What was the purpose for the rods being placed in front of the tabernacle?
- What did God want to do with all the heave offerings?
- What were the Levites to tithe to God?
- a. What was mixed with water for purification of sins? b. Where was it stored?
- Who died at Kadesh?
- What did the children of Israel complain about at Kadesh?
- a. Where did Moses supply what the people were complaining for? b. What was Moses' error? c. What was Moses'
punishment because of this error?
- a. Who refused to let Israel cross their border? b. Who are these people?
- Who died at Mount Hor?
- a. What did the people of Israel complain about upon leaving Mount Hor? b. What did God do because of this complaint?
- a. Who would not let Israel pass through their land at this time? b. What happened to these people?
- a. Who came out against Israel when they left the city of Sihon? b. What happened to these people?
- Why did Balak send for Balaam?
- Why did God get angry with Balaam?
- When leaving, who spoke to Balaam?
- What did the angel of the Lord try to do to Balaam?
- What prophesy did Balaam have for Balak?
- Why did Balaam continue to try to help Balak?
- Why did Balaam set up the altars and sacrifices each time?
- What harlotry did Israel commit in Moab?
- What did God tell Moses to instruct the Israelites to do?
- Who was zealous for God against the sinful Israelites?
- How many people died because of God's anger?
- What did Phinehas receive from God for his zeal?
- What did God tell Moses and Eleazar to do at this time?
- What was the number of those able to go to war?
- How much inheritance was determined for each tribe?
- a. In the second census, how many people remained of the first census? b. Who were these people? c. Why did they
- a. Why did the daughters of Zelophehad come before Moses? b. What law did God enforce in this situation?
- a. Who did God say would replace Moses? b. Why?
CHAPTER 28 - 29
- What was the purpose for God of instructing the people of Israel about the offerings again?
- If a man made a vow to God, could it be unbound?
- If a woman in her father's house makes a vow, who could break it?
- If a father did not overrule his daughter's vow, what must she do?
- If a woman had taken a vow and marries, what can her husband do?
- Why could the vow of a widow or a divorced woman not be broken?
6. How could a husband confirm his wife's vow?
1. a. Why did Moses get angry with the men who came back with spoil from the Midianites they had defeated?
b. What were they to do about this?
2. How did the Israelites divide the spoil?
3. Why did the men of war give a special offering to the Lord?
1. a. What tribes decided they wanted their inheritance early?
b. What did they agree they would do first before they received their inheritance?
1. What did God want the children of Israel to do when they crossed over into the land of Canaan?
2. How would the inhabitants of the land be a thorn in the side of the children of Israel?
1. Who did God instruct Moses to use to divide the inheritance?
1. What did God command the children of Israel to give to the Levites?
2. a. For what were the cities of refuge established?
b. How many cities of refuge were established?
1. What other problem did the daughters of Zelophehad face?
2. How did God solve this problem?